SERVICE LEARNING TRIPS
HHPF has trained physicians in over 30 countries since 1969
Service-Learning Trip 2024
1. Complete the initial application below.
2. HHPF & IART will review your application and if you are selected to participate, you will
receive an email invitation to sign up for the HHPF secured membership portal.
3. You will be sent a secondary questionnaire through the portal requesting detailed information
(emergency contact, allergies, housing preferences, passport information, etc...)
4. You will be prompted to upload your passport, medical license(s) and medical school diploma
(required by the hosting countries) to a secure portal.
5. You will be directed to the payment page to pay via Paypal.
Guadalajara Mexico 2024
Service Learning Trip
Prolotherapy January 6-13
Veins January 6-13
Deadline: Dec 1, 2023
MEXICO Service-Learning Trip Participation Criteria
1. Physician must have an active medical-license (MD or DO).
2. Prolotherapy Applicants must have attended at least ONE prior HHPF Honduras Service-Learning Trip OR if you have prior prolotherapy experience from other organizations you, must get a recommendation and permission from IART (IART.org).
3. Non-physician volunteers register below also.
Fees do NOT include airfare, travel and hotel.
HHPF covers meals either connected to the hotel or through the clinic site.
Advanced Physicians $1100
All other "specially approved" physicians' fees will be $2,000-3,000 based on experience
The Guadalajara International Airport (GDL), also called Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Airport,
is your final airport destination for the service learning trip.
STANDARD MEXICO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All passports should be valid for six months beyond your entry date.
Presidente Intercontinental Guadalajara
Address: Av. Lopez Mateos 7 Moctezuma Cuidad Del Sol, Guadalajara, Jalisco 45050 Mexico
Front desk phone: +52-33-36781234
Service Learning Trip
Prolotherapy March 1-9
Veins March 8-16
ENT March 2-9
Deadline Jan 1, 2024
Honduras (La Ceiba, Tela) 2024
Prolotherapy (La Ceiba & Tela) March 1-9
Veins (La Ceiba, Tela and Olanchito)
ENT (La Ceiba)
HONDURAS Service-Learning Trip Participation Criteria (must meet both criteria):
1. Be a physician with an active medical license (MD or DO).
2. Prolotherapy Applicants must have attended an IART Prolotherapy Conference in the past 3 years, or another equivalent teaching conference. Open to new and returning learners.
3. ALL APPLICANTS must be approved. You will be notified if you are chosen to participate.
4. Non-Physician volunteers register below also.
All participants cover their own flights. HHPF covers room, board, and in-country transport
NON-PHYSICIAN VOLUNTEER FEES
● Volunteers in Veins, Prolotherapy & ENT groups: $700
● New Physicians: $4000
● Returning Physicians: $3000
● Residents and Retired physicians: $1700
● Instructors: $1000
● Returning Physicians: $1500
● New Physicians: $2500
● Optional CME fee $200
● Physicians: $1500
● Optional Private Room Fee $175 (based on availability)
Prolotherapy Service-Learning Trip
March 1-9, 2024